Esse quam videri

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

of food and service

I'm always a little bit skeptical about trying newly-opened restaurant especially A la carte style, the 'go in, sit down, pick dishes out of the menu and place an order' type one.


4 out of 5 which means 80% of the time, those new restaurant will fall into either of these two categories.

First, the food will be really good with decent price but the service will be lacking off, slow here and there, rude waitress, tolerable hygiene.

Second, the customer service will be nice, quick, won't take long for ur food to arrive but when u taste it, lack seasoning, ur cooking is better, small portion.

Just like the one I went to try last night. We went in by 8.15pm. Took them 5 mins before they came to give us the menu and that was after been called. If not, I will not be shocked if they only noticed us after 10 mins or more. Not only that, when we came in, we were the only one that hadn't place an order yet. Hence, no excuse not to notice us.

The order was placed around 8.20pm. While waiting, I looked around and made my evaluation. The ambience was decent enough, it was properly taken care of, clean. They prepared quite lot of tables but there were only two people to take order and one of them acted as cashier as well. Maybe that's the reason for such delay.

The clocks ticking. 8.30pm.......8.35pm.....8.40pm.....Finally, 25 mins after the order placed, then only it's done. Is it worth waiting for? Well, it's not like superbly-good, just so-so only...didn't really worth that long wait. Good thing the price was reasonable enough. So not gonna return anymore.

Next time, just gonna stick with what I used to or after it been reviewed by reliable resource =P LOLLLL

http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2012/06/20


Love,
me

8 comments:

  1. I love trying out new restaurants. I used to hop from one restaurant to another with my (real) sisters, trying out new dishes. But somehow, there will be lacking in one aspect or another. Price, service, cleanliness, ambience, etc. So we ended up always visited them once and not going back after. Unless the restaurant was really nice and tercapai our very high standard. Hahaha...

    Oh and I love all kinds of cuisine, japanese, korean, western, chinese, indian, malay, italian.....I even tried a spanish restaurant once and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha...ya lor...usually unless those very up restaurant in the middle of kl, quite hard to find a good, new restaurant...

      yeah, me too..I'm not that picky with food and loves to try new one as long as not too exotic one =P

      Delete
  2. economy rice is fine by me.. anywhere pun boleh! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahha...that one is my daily lunch nowadays lo..that y wanna try other thing at night..hehe =D

      Delete
  3. I think its always the case..food good service not so good, service good food not so good. Unless its a fastfood chain or a mamak sort of or a food court! lol.
    p.s.-start like a food thingy post with pics and location..sure be good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true true...look like a trend d..i wonder do they even plan properly when they set up their restaurant...maybe at least taste the food that they gonna serve to the customers..haha =P

      p/s: dont want la..im not really good at describing food..plus got couple of good food blog d out there like 'will i am' or 'lil tid bit of my life' XD

      Delete
  4. I'm always trying new places :) Unfortunately not too many around here to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha..pity u..come back to this side soon la =P

      Delete