Esse quam videri

Sunday, January 20, 2013

of cake, sushi, burger and all kinds of food

After much deliberation and constant change in planning, I'm going for two small vacation real soon =)

One is during coming week long weekend. Going to Melaka for 3d2n with L. Melaka has been a favourite vacation spot for my family previously but we always go to the same thing over and over again. This time, I wanna explore things and places that they never visit before. And of course been there, must go for FOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!!!! It's gonna be sort of my 1st vacation that I'm going without my family even though it's just Melaka XD hehe

2nd one will be during Chinese New year. Since I don't want to trouble myself travelling all the way back up north during festive season, decided to spend it at Pangkor. The choices were between Pangkor or Penang but since there won't be lot of stalls opening during cny, no use going there. As this was quite a last-minute plan, quite lucky we managed to book a decent room. 3d2n trip and this one gonna be spend just relaxing at the beach and going around the island. Oh yeah, this one I'm going with J.

Btw, if anyone wanted to go to Penang, there's a deal at Agoda. RM200/night at Eastin Hotel, a 4-star hotel which is really worth it. The original price was RM700 if I am not mistaken.

Just a small intro -
L - a potential guy that I'm dating now
J - a 'kid' xp

Back to my food diary ~




After such a long time, finally I got a chance to try food at Sushi Zanmai. The one at The Gardens has such a long queue every single time I went there made me curious at how good their food really are. This one was at  Sunway. I ordered oyster sukiyaki sort of(forgot the exact name) while J ordered chicken karagura don, I think. The soup for the sukiyaki was quite bland, not spicy.


I know it is just a normal McD meal but the unique part is the location. Since it was a boring Friday evening, end up we went to KLIA just for McD.....and also to send u off, Jung =P hehehehe



Next, cake!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dropped by Secret Recipe before went to airport. I think both cakes are a new addition. One is Absolute Chocolate while the other is Turkish Indulgence. I'm not that fond of the Absolute Chocolate even though I really like chocolate. The cocoa/choc powder at the top was quite bitter. The Turkish Indulgence was really good, crunchy, creamy with lots of flavors in it. But, it is not a suitable cake for birthday celebration. The bottom layer has a jelly-like structure that made it a bit difficult to eat.


Still continuing my hunt for local chee cheong fun. Tried one near pudu station. The gravy was a bit watery, not thick enough for me. Better luck next time.

Today went to Petaling Street after bought the ticket to Lumut at Pudu Sentral. We had the sweet potato ball, curry puff, carrot cake, poppy seed and peach cake, air mata kucing and herbal jelly from Koong Woh Tong.

Fat? As if I care XD


Love,
me

14 comments:

  1. satay celup and chicken rice ball and durian cendol... yumm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I managed to tried few. gonan be back for more later XD

      Delete
  2. i didnt know u eat chinese food! YAY next time can bring u hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u know i always eat chinese =P Sure! take me when I am in Penang k =)

      Delete
  3. Go to Penang for their chee cheong fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In just 1 day?? alot leh...

    Anyways, I prefer sushi tei, especially kani mayo, maybe u should try next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of coourse not! my tummy is not expandable k =P haha

      ooooohhhhh...nice nice, nx visit! XD

      Delete
  5. BENCI!!!!! NOW WANNA TEMPT ME WITH FOOD! TIDAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! you want to fight with william for food blogging plus gay dudes in train is it now? you sure kalah one, so you must upgray your pics ok! lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha...upgay u mean dear? =P

      cannot lawan taht sifu la..im just some lowlife only XD

      Delete
  6. now, now who's the one who has been nagging me that i ate too much eh? *points fingers to someone*

    ish. when i want to go to KL, you want to get out of it ... grrr ... when can i have your shout?!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u're pointing to a mirror eh? hehe

      what to do. it's called a holiday for a reason. nx time, let me know earlier lo =D haha

      Delete
  7. The laksa at Calanthe art cafe at jonker street is nice,if for dating Casa Del Rio provide nice river view at night....but foods at there is VERY expensive...for interior baba nyonya+western deco majestic hotel is nice:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. never know they finished building Casa Del Rio. the last time i was there, it was still under construction. No sufficient budget yet to dine there. maybe when i can find any job =D hehe

      Delete